Green Card

When an immigrant wishes to become a permanent resident of the United States, he or she must obtain a green card to legally live and work in the country. Once you successfully obtain a green card, you have two years in which to live and work in the United States, after which you can apply for permanent residency. After you are granted permanent residency, you have ten years in which to stay within the country’s borders. If you remain in good standing during the ten year period, you are able to renew your green card indefinitely. At any point during this process if you commit a crime, violate the law or your immigration status in any way, you are at risk of deportation to your home country.


Immigration law can be complex and applying for your green card is no easy process. At the Kalra Law Firm, we have the knowledge and skills you need to be successfully awarded your green card. We have intimate knowledge of immigration law and how it relates to your case, and we are committed to giving your case the time and attention it needs in order for you to receive a favorable outcome. Our goal is to see you remain within the United States so you can stay with your family and continue to work towards a better life.


If you wish to obtain a green card, contact the Kalra Law Firm to discuss how you can take the first step to becoming a permanent United States citizen who can legally live and work within the country’s borders. (310) 325-9012.